What is a MAT?
What is a Multi Academy Trust?
A multi-academy trust (MAT) is a single organisation established to improve and maintain high educational standards across a number of member schools. Through collaboration and partnership the member schools are able to share expertise and resources. A MAT has responsibility for the overall governance, finance and performance of the member schools.
Who are the initial member schools of the MAT?
The three initial schools of the MAT are:
- Didsbury CE Primary School
- St Wilfrid’s CE Primary School
- West Didsbury CE Primary School
Why are we founding a MAT?
MATs provide the opportunity to share skills and resources providing for greater efficiencies and opportunities to retain and develop the best staff. It allows us to:
- support each other to promote and develop further high quality education in a Christian context in South Manchester;
- allow outstanding schools to work together and support schools in other categories;
- explore the possibilities of capital projects in the schools;
- continue to develop our links as part of the Manchester Diocesan family of schools;
- develop excellent teacher training, and to ensure the recruitment and retention of high quality staff in all our schools;
- grow the leaders of our schools of the future, and the Christian leaders of the future.
What is the vision at The St James and Emmanuel Academy Trust?
Our vision is encapsulated in the strapline: Belonging; Believing; Becoming.
We will do this by:
- Offering a high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values
- Recognising the unique nature of each child.
How is the MAT structured?
Please see our Trust page.