Vision and strategic plan
Our vision for education is deeply Christian, with Jesus' promise of 'life in all its fullness' at its heart. St James and Emmanuel Academy Trust schools create an enthusiasm for learning that will shape children's lives and future chances, enabling them to grow into responsible and productive adults.
Our desire ‘to grow’ is also built upon our faith foundations. To ‘grow’ a child is a privileged calling and to nurture that girl or boy as they develop in their unique skills and aptitudes is a charge that nobody or no institution should enter into lightly.
Our Vision is encapsulated in the strapline: Belonging, Believing and Becoming. These three words sum up our mission statements and our faith foundation as Church of England schools.
Didsbury CE and St Wilfrid's CE:
“Our Christian school exists to provide a welcoming environment in which everybody is cherished and challenged to fulfil their potential.”
West Didsbury CE and St Elisabeth's CE:
“To grow a diverse and creative educational community, where we encourage belonging and nurture believing; together becoming fulfilled and responsible members of God’s world.”
Vision that enables us to live out these Mission Statements
- to each other in mutual support, respect and trust;
- to the communities of Didsbury, Reddish and Northenden, committed to playing an active role in providing outstanding local primary schooling;
- to the Diocese of Manchester, as part of a family of 191 distinctive Church of England schools;
- to the world in which we live, caring for the whole creation regardless of race, religion or background.
- in our gifts and abilities, as each child is unique and valuable;
- in our potential, as each child will be challenged and nurtured;
- in our Christian faith, as each child will be guided by our church ethos and values.
- responsible and productive – a force for good in society;
- engaged and pro-active – ready to change and challenge the world around us;
- aware of our vocation, with a growing sense of purpose and preference;
- well-rounded and self-aware, through an holistic and broad-based education.
So how do we intend to achieve our Belonging, Believing and Becoming Vision?
Please see the attached Strategic Plan below for more details.